COVID-19 Update for Sept. 15: On-campus learning cancelled September 16 –19; online classes to continue as scheduled
This evening, the Government of Alberta declared a state of public health emergency and announced new public health measures to increase vaccination rates and reduce transmission of COVID-19.
Physical distancing is now mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces. We are currently assessing how these restrictions impact NAIT and our campuses and will update the community before Monday.
Between September 16-19,
- all in-person classes, shops and labs are cancelled
- classes that are currently delivered online will continue as scheduled
- many in-person services will be impacted; the Facilities and Services page will be updated as soon as possible
- Students who were scheduled to be on campus should stay home.
- You will hear from your instructors in the coming days as we make decisions about how to address the impact to on-campus learning.
- All instructors stay home.
- Other staff who are scheduled to work on campus should check with their supervisors about whether to come to campus as scheduled.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is the single most effective public heath measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We recommend that those who still need a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine get one as soon as possible.
More to come
We appreciate the uncertainty today’s news has created and ask for your patience and understanding as we work through the implications for the NAIT community. We will have more information to share with you as soon as possible.
You can find the latest information on NAIT’s response to COVID-19 at nait.ca/Covid19.
These continue to be challenging times. We encourage you to reach out for any support you need.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
View all updates related to this incident