Posted: Jan 4, 2021 12:40 AM
| Updated: Nov 14, 2023 9:28 AM
Download the NAIT Alert mobile app
Download the free NAIT Alert mobile app to receive notifications from NAIT during emergencies. It’s available for iOS and Android devices from the following app stores.
Enable push notification and location services on your mobile device to use NAIT Alert in-app features.
- Android: 4.4.X or later (6.0.X or later recommended)
- iOS (iPhone/iPad): 9.0 or later
A web browser version of NAIT Alert is also available for use.
NAIT Alert will be used
- To notify members of the NAIT community when they are required to take immediate action to protect themselves during an emergency.
- To communicate with select groups, including NAIT leaders, emergency wardens and members of the Emergency Operations Centre.
- NAIT Alert does not take the place of a fire alarm.
- Always evacuate when you hear a fire alarm and follow instructions from emergency wardens and first responders.
- In the event of a confirmed fire, NAIT Alert may be used to provide supplementary information.
- Once the notification period has ended, emergency communication will continue via normal channels, including nait.ca/emergency, the intranet, the myNAIT Portal and social media.
Benefits of NAIT Alert
Receive timely emergency notifications with instructions on the actions you should take to protect yourself and those around you during an emergency.
NAIT Alert makes it convenient to
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
Your personal information is being collected pursuant to the authority of the Post-secondary Learning Act (Alberta), and section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act(Alberta)(FOIP)
This information, along with the contact information you already have on file at NAIT if you are a student or staff member, will be used to contact you in the event of emergency notifications being sent out by NAIT, in keeping with its Emergency Notification program. The information is protected under FOIP legislation. If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, contact Protective Services