Remote Incident Emergency Event Instructions
Posted: Oct 14, 2021 3:26 PM
| Updated: Oct 4, 2022 9:56 AM
In the event of a severe or life-threatening injury, illness or other emergency (e.g. a housefire or medical emergency) that occurs while engaged in a virtual environment (Teams meeting, virtual class, etc.), protocols must be in place.
- In the event of an evacuation, follow your evacuation procedure and route to your designated remote location. Follow the instructions and signage to ensure a safe evacuation.
- If the incident occurs on campus:
- Direct an individual (if available) to call NAIT Protective Services (NPS) at 780.471.7477.
- Remain in the online meeting or class until emergency services arrive and provide additional information as required.
- If the incident occurs off-campus:
- Call the impacted individuals’ direct supervisor or contact Human Resources (HR) to inform them of the situation and request for them to contact 911 with the personal information and location of the affected individual.
- Provide your cell phone number to the direct supervisor or HR, remain in the online meeting/class until emergency services arrive or contact you and provide additional information as required.
- If HR or the direct supervisor is unavailable, call NPS immediately at 780.471.7477.
If you hear or witness any kind of activity that may be a risk to the NAIT community, call NPS at 780.471.7477.