Medical Emergency Emergency Event Instructions
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 12:26 AM
| Updated: Oct 4, 2022 9:57 AM
In the event of a severe or life-threatening injury or illness on campus, ensure that the scene has been deemed safe to perform any medical actions and follow the instructions to safely retrieve help from emergency services.
- Call 911 and follow the directions provided and afterwards, call NAIT Protective Services (NPS) at 780.471.7477.
- Observe the area and approach the injured person only if it is safe to do so (for example, there is no gas leak or fire)
- Do not move ill or injured person(s) unless it is essential for their safety
- If qualified, provide first aid
- If it is safe to do so, stay with the injured/ill person until emergency services arrives and provide additional information as required