Posted: Jan 4, 2021 12:23 AM
| Updated: Oct 20, 2021 1:57 PM
If there is an imminent threat to life and safety on a NAIT campus, you may be instructed to lockdown.
Quickly determine the safest way to protect yourself.
- Go to the nearest room and turn off lights
- Close, lock and barricade the door
- Silence your mobile phone
- Sit or lay on the floor or crouch behind or under desks
- Do not answer the door
- Do not activate the fire alarm unless there is a fire
- If the fire alarm sounds, assess the situation and respond accordingly
- If there is smoke or fire, evacuate
- If there is no smoke or fire, stay in lockdown
- Stay quiet and hidden until emergency services gives the 'All Clear'
Our emergency wardens are an essential part of NAIT’s emergency response. Follow their directions, as they are knowledgeable and are trained to guide the NAIT community to safety.