Response to COVID-19 Cases
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 5:34 AM
| Updated: Sep 13, 2021 10:26 AM
As COVID-19 continues to circulate throughout the province, members of the NAIT community will test positive.The health and safety of staff, students and visitors are our top priorities as we continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. NAIT’s Rapid Response Planning Framework outlines how we manage and respond to cases that impact our campuses.
Rapid Response Framework - under review
The Rapid Response Planning Framework, which is currently under review, describes how we manage and report on cases of COVID-19 at NAIT.
NAIT’s response to a potential or confirmed case of COVID-19 is managed by NAIT Health Services, Health, Safety and Environment, and the Case Management Response Team.
If someone who was on one of our campuses tests positive for COVID-19, NAIT will:
The Case Management Response Team will consider the following factors to assess risk and inform our approach:
- physical characteristics of the space(s) involved
- protective measures in place
- evolving knowledge of the COVID-19 pathogen
Instructors and supervisors
Instructors and supervisors have several responsibilities under this framework, including to:
- protect the privacy and personal health information of student or staff member who informs you they are unwell or have tested positive for COVID-19
- participate in any safety investigations initiated by Health, Safety and Environment
- implement any corrective actions from the safety investigation
- maintain regular contact with the impacted individual
- support the student or staff member as they return to school or work, including helping students make up missed labs and assignments
Reporting on cases of COVID-19 on campus
We are committed to providing our community with timely and accurate information about active COVID-19 cases on our campuses.
Anyone who may have been in close contact with an individual who tests positive for COVID-19 will be contacted directly.
As of July 29, it is no longer a legal requirement for close contacts to quarantine; however, close contacts who are not fully vaccinated are recommended to avoid public places such as schools, daycares, sports and recreation activities, and take other precautions.
All confirmed cases of COVID-19 at NAIT are recorded in our COVID-19 cases dashboard.
COVID-19 Cases Dashboard
We will communicate more broadly with the community if there are multiple linked cases at NAIT.
Please note that personal information will not be disclosed as NAIT responds to or communicates about confirmed cases of COVID-19 on our campuses. Instructors or supervisors may share details of a situation with their leadership team for the purpose of contingency planning. Personal information will not be shared.