Posted: Jan 4, 2021 5:26 AM
| Updated: Jun 23, 2022 12:23 PM
Safety is our first priority
As always, our priority is keeping the NAIT community healthy and safe.
Our commitment is to continue to provide the foundation for outstanding careers while meeting the polytechnic needs of the province. We will continue to respond as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.
- Learn about the groups leading NAIT's ongoing response to the pandemic
- View the latest updates on NAIT's response to the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 response teams
The ongoing work of facilitating timely, appropriate and consistent action in response to COVID-19 is led by Risk Management Services
- Emergency Management and Business Continuity will monitor Government of Alberta guidelines and regulations for any changes that may impact NAIT.
- Health Services will continue receiving all COVID-19 positive incident reports from staff and students to identify trends and potential risk to the NAIT community.
- Health, Safety and Environment will continue monitoring Alberta OHS legislation for impacts to COVID-19 response.
COVID-19 Advisory Committee
The committee, made up of senior leaders, provides continued oversight of NAIT’s coordinated response to COVID-19. The COVID-19 Advisory Committee will meet in August and December to discuss any outstanding tasks or issues.
As outlined in its mandate, the team will
- enable the Coordinated Response Team (CRT) to facilitate timely, appropriate, and consistent action in response to cases of COVID-19 on campus
- ensure that a cross-section of business units are represented—including their respective reporting elements—to provide appropriate situational awareness and resource status information to the CRT in order to enable a coordinated whole-of-NAIT response to COVID-19
- identify, coordinate, and enable solutions and actions across all business units that are in the best interest of the whole-of-NAIT as identified in the vision, principles, and objectives set out by Executive Management Committee (EMC)
- ensure whole-of-NAIT coordination of actions taken by the institution in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and their alignment with the principles defined by EMC
- support the strategic planning for return to campus
The CAC membership will consist of the senior leader from the following Schools and Departments:
- Human Resources
- Polytechnic Education and Student Success
- Registrar’s Office/Student Progression
- Four schools (one Dean will represent the four schools)
- Finance and Corporate Services
- Risk Management Services
- General Counsel
- Industry Solutions/Corporate and Continuing Education
- Marketing and Communications
The CRT Director and an Administrative Assistant will serve as resource members of the CAC.
The CAC recognizes that, from time-to-time, additional leadership and resources may be required to support the ongoing work of the committee, and the CAC Chair will invite those resources to participate as appropriate.