Information for Students
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 3:04 AM
| Updated: Apr 15, 2021 11:13 AM
NAIT continues to monitor the COVID-19 vaccine rollout and will share information about the impact on our community on the COVID-19 vaccine page on this site.
Before coming to campus
Students should review and follow the requirements on the Coming to Campus checklist before visiting NAIT campuses. Only come to campus for scheduled labs, shops or classes, or to access one of the few services open on campus. We ask that you come directly for your scheduled activity and leave immediately afterwards, and that you use online collaboration tools for group work.
Every time you come to campus, you must follow these steps:
Complete the Daily Check-in Form each time you are on campus and for each location in which you spend more than 15 minutes.
Screen for symptoms using the Alberta Health Services’ COVID-19 Self-Assessment. Follow instructions from Alberta Health Services: self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19 if advised. Stay home until you are symptom-free, even if you have tested negative for COVID-19. Do not come to campus sick or if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
Remain vigilant to slow the spread of COVID-19. You are expected to wear a mask in all indoor, publicly accessible spaces on our campuses. Review and follow NAIT's directions on nait.ca/masks.
Download the Coming to Campus Checklist (pdf)
Staying safe on campus
Safety is a shared responsibility. Help NAIT maintain a safe learning environment on our campuses. Learn how NAIT is keeping our community safe.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you are a close contact of someone who is positive for COVID-19
- Take the Alberta Health Services’ COVID-19 Self-Assessment and follow the instructions: self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19 if advised.
- Notify your instructor or program designate. You will be supported through your absence.
- If you have symptoms of or test positive for COVID-19 and have been on campus within the previous 14 days, complete a COVID-19 incident report (PDF) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This form allows NAIT to undertake necessary safety investigations, support contact tracing and communicate with Alberta Health Services as required.
- Alberta Health Services recommends that close contacts get tested twice for COVID-19. The first test should be done as soon as possible and the second test at least 10 days after your last exposure.
- Wear a mask in all indoor, public areas
- Screen for symptoms, maintain physical distancing and practice good hygiene
- Follow campus signage
- Follow area-specific safety controls
Find facilities, services and support for your learning
Access resources to help you learn safely on campus.
Get help and learning support
Get support for your health, well-being and online learning needs.
FAQs for students
As COVID-19 continues to affect international students, NAIT is committed to the safety and health of our community and to provide up-to-date information regarding the impacts of COVID-19.
FAQs for international students