Information for Staff
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 4:35 AM
| Updated: Apr 23, 2021 4:06 PM
NAIT continues to monitor the COVID-19 vaccine rollout and will share information about the impact on our community on the COVID-19 vaccine page on this site.
Before coming to campus
Every staff member requires approval to be on campus. If you aren’t scheduled by your supervisor to work on campus, inform and coordinate your visit with your supervisor.
Every time you come to campus, you must follow these steps:
Complete the Daily Check-in Form each time you are on campus and for each location in which you spend more than 15 minutes.
Screen for symptoms using the Alberta Health Services’ COVID-19 Self-Assessment. Follow instructions from Alberta Health Services: self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19 if advised. Stay home until you are symptom-free, even if you have tested negative for COVID-19.
Remain vigilant to slow the spread of COVID-19. You are expected to wear a mask in all indoor, publicly accessible spaces on our campuses. Review and follow NAIT's directions on nait.ca/masks.
Upon completion of work, advise email@example.com if cleaning of the common space is required.
Download the Coming to Campus Checklist (pdf)
Staying safe on campus
Safety is a shared responsibility. Help NAIT maintain a safe work and learning environment on our campuses.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you are close contact of someone who is positive for COVID-19.
- Take the Alberta Health Services’ COVID-19 Self-Assessment and follow the instructions: self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19 if advised.
- Notify your supervisor. You will be supported through your absence.
- If you have symptoms of or test positive for COVID-19 and have been on campus within the previous 14 days, please complete and submit a COVID-19 Incident Report through the myCority application which will send the report directly to Health Services. Visit the staff Intranet for more information on using this tool (login required)
- This allows NAIT to undertake necessary safety investigations, support contact tracing and communicate with Alberta Health Services as required.
- If you are unable to access the tool, complete a COVID-19 incident report (pdf) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alberta Health Services recommends that close contacts get tested twice for COVID-19. The first test should be done as soon as possible and the second test at least 10 days after your last exposure.
- Wear a mask in all indoor, public areas
- Screen for symptoms, maintain physical distancing and practice good hygiene
- Follow campus signage
- Follow area-specific safety controls
Learn how NAIT is keeping our community safe
Access resources to help your business unit operate safely on campus.
View all resources