Hold and Secure Procedure
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 1:39 PM
| Updated: Aug 27, 2017 6:00 PM
If there is an ongoing criminal threat in the neighbourhood near a NAIT campus, you may be instructed to secure yourself within a NAIT building because it is safer to be inside as police deal with the issue.
- If you are asked to hold and secure
- Enter a NAIT building and remain indoors
- Ensure the doors and windows are locked
- Continue your regular work and learning activities, unless directed otherwise
- Stay indoors until the ‘All Clear’ is given
Our emergency wardens are an essential part of NAIT’s emergency response. Follow their directions, as they are knowledgeable and are trained to guide the NAIT community to safety.