Hazardous Material Release Procedure
Posted: Aug 24, 2017 3:50 PM
| Updated: Jan 28, 2021 11:54 AM
If there is a hazardous material release – whether chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear – in a NAIT building
- Immediately vacate the area.
- Call 911 if there is an immediate threat to life or safety (if calling from a NAIT phone, Protective Services will automatically be notified).
- Call NAIT Protective Services at 780.471.7477.
- Follow specific instructions from NAIT Protective Services and first responders (HazMat Internal Response Team). Refer to HS.PTL.1 Hazardous Materials Response Protocol for more information.
- If you are off campus or away from the affected area, do not attempt to go to the affected area until emergency services gives the ‘All Clear’.