Relaunch Resources for Staff
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 10:19 AM
| Updated: Sep 14, 2020 12:51 PM
Resources for resuming activities on campus
This page is intended to provide guidance for staff as they plan their return to campus. All schools and business units need to follow NAIT and government requirements for operating safely. Senior leaders in each school and business unit have developed relaunch plans for their areas. Each program or department is also required to develop a safety plan.
As requirements change, the resources on this page will be updated. Use these resources to
How to develop and follow safety plans
Review the planning guide, template, checklist and steps for review and submission to plan for a safe return to on-campus operations and to conduct off-site visits.
- For all staff working on campus
- For program or department leaders or their designated staff – Download and use
- For staff conducting NAIT business at external sites – Review and follow the COVID-19 External Visits Checklist
How to prepare campus spaces
For staff who are setting up campus spaces – Follow the Planning Guidance – Space Planning to prepare and use campus spaces – including common areas and program-specific spaces like classrooms, labs, offices and service areas.
|Individual business unit
||Relaunch Coordination Team
- Make a space plan for program and office spaces
- Request assistance through email@example.com if furniture needs to be moved for physical distancing
- Post signage according to business unit's safety plan
- Establish guiding documents
- Coordinate requests from schools and business units for cleaning, moving furniture, installing barriers, and installing floor sticker signage
- Move furniture for physical distancing in public and common areas
- Post directional signage for public areas, including stairs, washrooms, elevators and building entrance and exits
- Provide physical barriers for public areas.
How to get signs
For all staff – Download and use these signage packages as you prepare your space to welcome students, clients and visitors.
Last updated with mask/face shield, eating and gymnasium posters: August 24, 2020
How to communicate with stakeholders
For school and business unit leadership – Use the Planning Guidance – Stakeholder Communication and Engagement to
- communicate relaunch plans with your respective audiences, including students, staff, clients, contractors and visitors
- coordinate communication with the Relaunch Coordination Team and the Department of Marketing and Communications
How to order supplies
For schools and programs
Key contacts for each school have been identified and are responsible for inspecting, stocking and replenishing all COVID-19 supplies, including hand sanitizer, wipes, gloves and face shields for scheduled labs, shops and classrooms. Key contacts will have a supply of supplies on-hand for ongoing distribution as required.
If your lab, shop or classroom is missing these items, please reach out to your key contact person for prompt resolution. If your request is urgent, contact Steve Bruns, manager, Financial Services or Owen Tock, director, Procurement Services.
For department staff
If your area does not have a key contact, use the COVID-19 supplies request form to order supplies that are
- specific to your COVID-19 safety requirements as identified in your relaunch and safety plans
- part of normal operations and are included in your area’s budget
For non-budgeted supplies
- You must obtain approval to charge these supplies centrally.
For supplies that are part of normal operations and included in your area’s budget
- You can still use this form to take advantage of centralized purchasing.
- Enter your department and account codes, along with approval, in section 14.
Students are expected to provide their own PPE and masks.
NAIT will provide face shields to staff, and an initial face shield for students, who will be in shops and labs where 2 metre physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Students will be responsible for all costs associated with replacing their face shield, and are expected to provide their own PPE and masks.
- Follow the Plexiglass Barrier Request Ordering Process.
- Understand the use and limitations of barriers for mitigating the transmission of COVID-19. Plexiglass barriers can be used to create a physical separation to help prevent respiratory droplets from travelling from one individual to another. However, they do not provide full protection or replace the need to maintain 2 metres of physical distancing and other health measures. Barriers may not be effective or feasible in all spaces.
- Review requirements for ordering.
How to get more information
The Relaunch Coordination Team has developed these resources for all schools and business units to use when planning their relaunch. If you have questions about these or other topics, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff are also encouraged to read the Relaunch FAQ for Staff (staff login is required), which is updated as information changes or evolves. This FAQ was created primarily for staff whose work requires them to be on campus, specifically instructors and staff providing services to students.