Relaunch Resources for Staff
Posted: Jun 29, 2020 10:19 AM
| Updated: Aug 10, 2020 1:22 PM
Space and signage
Resources for resuming activities on campus
This page is intended to provide guidance for staff as they plan their return to campus. All schools and business units need to follow NAIT and government requirements for operating safely. Senior leaders in each school and business unit have developed relaunch plans for their areas. Each program or department is also required to develop a safety plan.
As requirements change, the resources on this page will be updated. Use these resources to
How to develop and follow safety plans
Review the planning guide, template, checklist and steps for review and submission to plan for a safe return to on-campus operations and to conduct off-site visits.
How to prepare campus spaces
For staff who are setting up campus spaces – Follow the Planning Guidance – Space Planning to prepare and use campus spaces – including common areas and program-specific spaces like classrooms, labs, offices and service areas.
|Individual business unit
||Relaunch Coordination Team
- Make a space plan for program and office spaces
- Request assistance through firstname.lastname@example.org if furniture needs to be moved for physical distancing
- Post signage according to business unit's safety plan
- Establish guiding documents
- Coordinate requests from schools and business units for cleaning, moving furniture, installing barriers, and installing floor sticker signage
- Move furniture for physical distancing in public and common areas
- Post directional signage for public areas, including stairs, washrooms, elevators and building entrance and exits
- Provide physical barriers for public areas.
How to get signs
For all staff – Download and use these signage packages as you prepare your space to welcome students, clients and visitors.
Last updated with mask guidance: August 10, 2020
How to communicate with stakeholders
For school and business unit leadership – Use the Planning Guidance – Stakeholder Communication and Engagement to
- communicate relaunch plans with your respective audiences, including students, staff, clients, contractors and visitors
- coordinate communication with the Relaunch Coordination Team and the Department of Marketing and Communications
How to order supplies
For all staff – Use the COVID-19 supplies request form (see exceptions) to order supplies that are
- specific to your COVID-19 safety requirements as identified in your relaunch and safety plans
- part of normal operations and are included in your area’s budget
For non-budgeted supplies
- You must obtain approval to charge these supplies centrally.
For supplies that are part of normal operations and included in your area’s budget
- You can still use this form to take advantage of centralized purchasing.
- Enter your department and account codes, along with approval, in section 15.
Students are expected to provide their own PPE and masks.
Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes
- These are automatically delivered to labs, shops and classrooms scheduled through Infosilem.
- If your request is urgent or a scheduled shop, lab or classroom does not have these items, email email@example.com.
- Follow the Plexiglass Barrier Request Ordering Process.
- Understand the use and limitations of barriers for mitigating the transmission of COVID-19. Plexiglass barriers can be used to create a physical separation to help prevent respiratory droplets from travelling from one individual to another. However, they do not provide full protection or replace the need to maintain 2 metres of physical distancing and other health measures. Barriers may not be effective or feasible in all spaces.
- Review requirements for ordering.
How to get more information
The Relaunch Coordination Team has developed these resources for all schools and business units to use when planning their relaunch. If you have questions about these or other topics, email firstname.lastname@example.org.