On Friday, Jan. 29, the Government of Alberta shared details of their new roadmap on how restrictions will be eased in steps over the coming months. Step 1 comes into effect Feb. 8. All other public health measures remain in place.
NAIT has reviewed the details of step 1, which includes restaurants opening for in-person dining with several safety measures in place. As a result of these changes:
- Ernest’s will re-open for limited in-person dining services on Feb. 8. Individuals dining together must be from the same household or be the 2 close contacts for people living alone. Reservations must be made. Curbside pick-up will continue to be offered.
The following impacts to NAIT remain in place until further notice:
- Outdoor social gatherings are permitted, to a limit of 10 people. All participants must continue to follow public health guidelines, such as wearing a mask and keeping 2 metres apart. We continue to ask that students, staff and visitors leave campus after classes, work or when completing business to help keep our campuses safe.
- No indoor social gatherings. Students, staff and visitors must leave campus after classes, work or when completing business. Study groups are not permitted on campus.
- shop AT NAIT is limited to 15% capacity.
- Eating on campus. eat AT NAIT continues to operate. However, social gathering restrictions still apply. Tables in our eating areas are limited to 1 person per table. No movement between tables is allowed.
- Our library is closed. All in-person services will be provided at the 3rd floor library door and all virtual services remain available.
- The Computer Commons in W203 on Main Campus remains open for students who require access to technology to complete projects and exams.
- Indoor recreation facilities are closed. NAIT’s recreation facilities will remain closed.
- Mandatory working from home will continue for the majority of staff, unless they are required to be on campus. All staff coming to campus, for any reason, must continue to have permission from their supervisor.
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our community by implementing strong measures and practices, including requiring masks or face coverings on campus.
Do your part to slow the spread
If you are sick or showing any core symptoms of COVID-19 that are not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition, or you are a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19, you must follow the provincial isolation and quarantine requirements. NAIT will support you through your absence. Please do not put others at risk by coming to campus.
What we need you to do
- Check-in each day and at each location where you spend more than 15 minutes. This will allow us to contact people on our campuses who are considered close contacts of positive cases of COVID-19.
- Download the NAIT Alert app for easy access to the check-in form or scan the check-in QR code that can be found on posters in common areas on our campuses.
- Take the AHS COVID-19 Self-Assessment each day before you come to campus or if you become ill and follow instructions from Alberta Health Services.
- Self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19 if advised.
- Complete a COVID-19 incident report if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and submit it to email@example.com.
- Stay home until your symptoms resolve, even if you have tested negative for COVID-19. Supports are arranged for learning and working while individuals are required to isolate at home.
You can find the latest information on NAIT’s response to COVID-19 at nait.ca/covid19.
These continue to be uncertain times. We encourage you to reach out for any support you need.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep our community safe and our doors open.